Stefano Cagol
'Un-Secret Signals' light, sound, Morse code,
Petrin Tower, Prague, 2008
Courtesy of Priska C. Juschka Fine Art, New York.

I enjoyed this photo for it's parallel lights. I liked he way the light interacted with the darkness of the image.


Marc Quinn
"Template for My future Plastic Surgery"
1992
MoMA, NY

I chose this image because I am interested in the human body and how our looks consume our thoughts. Self image is a constant battle in today's society and many people focus on it, myself included, causing pain and low self esteem. I hate that. But I can't seem to escape it.





Ernest Wilhelm Nay
"White Spring"
1963
Tate Modern

This image interested me because of it's use of simplicity in color, but emphasis in texture. I think I would like to explore that in photography...using not black and white, but limited color and further expressing the texture.





Stephanie Hummel


Stephanie Hummel


Stephanie Hummel

These are all random snapshots. I took all these photos on a whim, I never do that and I wanted to explore that option. I like the keyboard shot to most. I think it's because it isn't immediately recognizable. I also really enjoy the color. I liked the guitar for the angle, it's not a standard shot you see. As for the music, I just enjoy written notes because they mesmerize me; no matter how hard I try I can never read them perfectly. The complexity frustrates me, but the beauty of the music overcomes that frustration when I hear it played by someone who can play it for real.



No comments: